Berry season is in full swing here in upper Michigan. We just ended the strawberry season and now the red raspberries, purple raspberries, and blueberries are all ripening at the same time; how good can it get. It would be a shame to freeze all of them, so I like to use as many of them fresh as I can, so this Simple Raspberry Cobbler Recipe went on the dessert menu for supper.
This is a very simple recipe to put together, doesn’t require a lot of prep time, and chances are you will have all the ingredients on hand. I used fresh berries in this recipe but I think frozen would also work out very well, it just might lengthen the baking time a little bit.
Simple Raspberry Cobbler Recipe
- 2 cups raspberries (I used a combination of purple and red)
- ¾ cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon (divided)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium size, bowl mix together 3/4 sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk and stir until smooth.
- Place the butter in an 8 x 8 baking dish and place it in the oven until the butter is melted.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and distribute the berries over the top, and then sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream or let cool to room temperature and serve with whipped cream garnished with fresh berries.