A good pair of sharp kitchen scissors is an important piece of kitchen gear that is often underused. It’s far too simple to limit your kitchen scissors to the most elementary chores, such as slicing greaseproof paper to size or opening packages. However, scissors are a useful kitchen tool and can provide a safer, easier alternative to a knife for many items that require chopping or slicing.
For slicing meats like chicken and bacon into pieces, kitchen scissors are excellent. Using scissors for activities like detaching chicken thigh meat from the bone is safer and frequently simpler since they remove the risk of slipping while using a sharp knife. They can even be used to trim the pastry on a pie’s top or slice a pizza into slices. You’ll find more and more uses for kitchen scissors as you practice preparing food.
What is Cooking Scissors?
Kitchen scissors are practical tools with two razor-sharp blades manipulated by two handles. The scissors’ blades operate simultaneously in two directions to cut through meats and other items. As a result, a pair of kitchen scissors may frequently tackle a task that would be considerably more difficult to complete with a short knife.
Kitchen scissors resemble any pair of scissors used for sewing and other similar jobs in appearance. A strong metal, typically stainless steel, is used to make the two blades. The handles are also often made of stainless steel, though they could potentially have a protective, non-slip plastic coating layer. Cheaper scissors will have plastic handles with metal handles incorporated into one end.
What is Kitchen Scissors Used for?
Kitchen scissors are used for challenging kitchen activities that may call for a more exact cut, such as trimming flower stems, opening packaging, or even working with little meat and poultry. They can be used to cut through thin pizzas and quesadillas and trim vegetables like grapes, canned tomatoes, and green beans. You may also use them to peel shrimp or cut up uncooked bacon.
Which Cooking Scissors for Meat are the Best?
Here are some of the best cooking scissors for meat:
OXO Good Grips Multi-Purpose Kitchen and Herbs Scissors
- Set includes: Travel Case and Feeding Spoon
- The compact case fits easily into diaper bags and handbags for on-the-go meals
- A silicone Spoon is soft on the baby’s mouth and gums and effective for scraping food from bowls, jars or messy faces
- The spoon is shaped for easy scooping
- A shallow Spoon head prevents feeding too much at once
- The contoured Spoon handle is angled for easy feeding
- Dishwasher safe, top rack
- BPA, phthalate and PVC free
Shun Multi-Purpose Shears, Stainless Steel Kitchen Scissors
- Multi-Purpose shears from shunning for a multitude of tasks in and around the kitchen
- Made of high-quality stainless steel for years of durability and performance
- Built-In features include a nutcracker, a jar opener, a bone notch, a lid lifter, and two screwdriver tips.
- Each handle has a plastic over-mold to ensure a comfortable, safe, secure grip even when wet.
- Blades separate easily for washing, then lock together easily and securely for use.
Kitchen Scissors, iBayam
- Heavy-duty 9″ super sharp kitchen shears, Valued 2-Pack in one set, soft comfort-Grip handles. Great as Food Scissors, Meat Scissors, Cooking Scissors, Scissors Kitchen, Cooking Shears, Poultry Scissors, Utility Scissors, Meat Cutting Scissors.
- High-quality hardened stainless steel blades easily cut through cardboard, twine, meat, vegetables, chicken, poultry, fish, herbs, food packing bags, and more.
- The ergonomically designed handle is shaped for comfort and features a soft grip coating for stability. Cushioning pads on grip absorb pressure while cutting.
- 2 Sets in different colors, orange/blue. Different color rubber handles are used in different places, and two special scissors are suitable for most items that need to be cut. It can also be used as household scissors for fruit, noodles and even pizza. Bring kitchen work more convenient. And also Worth looking forward to multiple uses around the home; these scissors with safety blunt tips, Great for cutting burlap, paper, cardboard, light line, fabric, tape, and photos.
- Hand wash is recommended, but these kitchen shears are dishwasher safe. Come with One Year Hassle-Free Replacement and Lifetime Limited Warranty.
Acetone Kitchen Shears
- High-quality hardened stainless steel blades easily cut through cardboard, twine, meat, vegetables, chicken, poultry, fish, herbs, seafood, BBQ, food packing bags and more. Great as Food Scissors, Meat Scissors, Cooking Scissors, Scissors Kitchen, Cooking Shears, Poultry Scissors, Utility Scissors, Meat Cutting Scissors.
- In addition to being widely used in the kitchen, it has more uses, such as a nuts cracker, bottle opener, Scales scraper, with a micro-serrated edge for slip-proof cutting, and comfortable easy-grip handles. Great grip for both right and left-handed.
- Separate raw and cooked foods for healthier eating. Aqua (raw food), Orange (cooked food). No knives and cutting boards are needed; 2-pack kitchen scissors will make any meal preparation faster, easier and safer.
- Heavy-duty 8.1″ super sharp kitchen shears, Valued 2-Pack in one set, soft comfort-Grip handles. Great All-purpose scissors for kitchen, household, home, car, and general outdoor use, Great kitchen utensils set for women, men, and adults.
- Our Kitchen Scissors ensure non-slip cutting in various tasks, saving effort while avoiding accidental injury whenever you are using them. The environmentally friendly material handle, stylish and anti-skid, makes you feel completely comfortable, and stainless steel embedded in the handle deeply makes it solid and safe. These comfortable and super sharp scissors will make food preparation easier and faster.
KitchenAid All-Purpose Shears wit
- Use these all-purpose shears for various tasks throughout the home, from slicing poultry and pizza to clipping coupons.
- The micro-serrations on the blade edges of these kitchen scissors provide a superior cutting experience on everything from tough cuts of meat to strong wires and twine.
- The handles provide comfort and control, making these shears a go-to kitchen gadget.
- The dishwasher-safe, heavy-duty stainless steel makes these shears a valuable kitchen utensil that will stand up to everyday use.
- The included guard protects the blades on these kitchen scissors when stored.
What to Look for in Kitchen Scissors?
Here are some important factors to consider while choosing kitchen scissors:
Kitchen shears come in several styles. The most useful and common kind are multi-purpose kitchen shears, which are great for slicing through harder portions of meat and herbs and other thin, leafy greens. It is in your best interest to look for a heavy-duty set of multi-purpose shears if you anticipate needing to use them to cut through bones or seafood shells. Another type of shears used expressly to cut through bird meat is poultry shears, which often have curved beaks and a bone notch as design elements that facilitate cutting through bones.
Kitchen shears are typically between 8 and 9 inches long, making them large enough to offer enough leverage for heavier cutting operations, including hard bones or cartilage. Larger chunks of meat should be easily cut with kitchen shears of this size, but they shouldn’t be too big or lengthy so that the user finds it difficult to grasp and handle them. Finding the perfect balance between your hand’s size and strength is crucial, and it is usually simpler to maneuver a pair of shears with a balanced blade and grip than one without.
A natural, pleasant grip should be possible when using kitchen shears on both the handles and the blades. To guarantee that you can hold them comfortably and easily while chopping your food, look for non-slip and padded handles. Even if you have oily or moist hands, the shears shouldn’t come loose. Stainless steel micro-serrated blades are the best option for the blades since they are rust-resistant, incredibly durable, and simple to clean. The serrated edge will stop your products from slipping out when slicing moist, fatty materials like poultry skin, shellfish, or meat.
Kitchen shears are made with additional characteristics that make them simple to use and clean, in addition to the obvious function of cutting herbs, meat, and bones. A bottle opener, locking mechanisms to keep them closed while not in use, padded sheaths for the blades, and other features are also included with some kitchen shears. It would be best if you also thought about upkeep and repair. To keep your kitchen shears in great condition, check the cleaning instructions carefully, as not all shears are dishwasher-safe. The ability to disassemble the blades will do cleaning and sharpening considerably simpler.
Shears Vs. Scissors- What is the Different?
In the mechanical world, scissors are first-class double levers consisting of three parts:
- The single-edged blades give the output cutting action (load).
- The handles deliver the input force (effort).
- A fulcrum between the blades and handles joins and pivots the two sides.
Shears are often made for heavier cutting than scissors. The two main design distinctions are between the handle shape and blade length.
Typically, scissors have blades less than six inches long and symmetrical, equal-sized handles that can fit a thumb and a single finger.
Shears typically feature big, D-shaped handles or a combination of circular and D handles; the smaller, circular handle is for the thumb, while the larger handle fits two to four fingers. Shears have blades longer than six inches.
On the other hand, the kitchen variant deviates from the blade length norm and has shorter blades ranging from three to five inches. As a result, the handles have more leverage, which gives them the power needed to cut through resistant materials precisely.
The handles are frequently offset to offer a pleasant, smooth cutting movement on a counter or chopping block.
Knife proficiency is one of those desirable kitchen aptitudes. Who hasn’t watched a cooking demonstration with envy as the chef quickly sliced through celery, garlic, and herbs? The solution, though, is a dependable, accurate pair of kitchen scissors. Kitchen shears are so helpful, especially during the summer when you’re camping and cooking elsewhere. Using kitchen scissors is the easiest way to do jobs like snipping delicate herbs or chopping up a whole chicken. They are only necessary because they can do everything.
We tested eight closely related shears to see which had the most comfortable handles and blades sharp enough to cut through anything you could throw at them. As fate would have it, we discovered a set that not only satisfied those requirements but was also of great value.