I decided to post this recipe because many Families have turkey or chicken for Easter Dinner. I used chicken for this recipe, but I am sure turkey would be just as good. This Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
Is a simple recipe, because it calls for frozen vegetables. I am sure you could use fresh if you wanted to, but it would involve more prep time. Instead of using mixed vegetables I used frozen soup vegetables because the potatoes and onions are already in the mixture. If you have never made your own pot pie before, give this simple recipe a try; you and your family will love it! Enjoy
1/3 cup margarine or 1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
2 cups cut up cooked chicken
1 (16 ounce) package frozen soup vegetables
2 prepared pie crusts (1 top crust and 1 bottom crust)
1. Heat butter over low heat until melted.
2. Blend in flour, broth, salt and pepper.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in milk.
6. Heat to boiling; stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute.
7. Stir in chicken and veggies.
8. Line pie plate with prepared bottom crust.
9. Pour in filling.
10. Top with top crust. Cut slits in center to vent and Flute edges. ( I like to wrap aluminum foil around the edges to keep the edges from browning too quick)
11. Bake at 425°F until crust is golden brown; approximately 30-45 minutes.