I don’t very often run into pork rib recipes that have an Asian hint to them. When I saw this Slow Cooker Chinese Pork Ribs Recipe I decided to give it a try. I was not sure how well the orange marmalade would combine with the recipe but it all seemed to go together very well.
This is another very simple recipe with almost no prep time. If you don’t want to heat up the kitchen, or maybe you are short on time; this is another set it and forget it recipe. I had something to do in the afternoon so I used boil in bag rice to help cut down on the personal cooking time required.
The end result was a tender and great tasting pork ribs dinner the whole family enjoyed. If you like food with a hint of orange, give this Slow Cooker Chinese Pork Ribs Recipe a try. Enjoy
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup reduced sugar orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- 3-4 pounds country style pork ribs
- Hot rice
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, orange marmalade, ketchup and minced garlic.
- Pour about half the mixture into the slow cooker, add the pork ribs, and dribble the remaining sauce over the ribs.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker and move the sauce, to a medium sauce pan. Thicken with the corn starch dissolved in ¼ cup of cold water.
- Pour the gravy over the pork ribs and serve over hot rice