The best breakfast casserole recipes combine eggs, potatoes, cheese, and veggies. These are often made ahead of time and baked the following day. These comfort foods are an excellent option for busy mornings or for entertaining. Some of the most popular casseroles include the traditional baked bread-and-egg casserole, cinnamon French toast, and cheesy grits. But, you can use whatever ingredients you like.
Casserole Nutrition Facts
A casserole or hot dish in the United States is typically a baked food with three main components: meat (such as chicken or ground meat), fish (such as tuna), or other protein (such as beans or tofu), various chopped or canned vegetables (such as green beans or peas), and a starchy binder (such as flour, potato, or pasta); occasionally, there is also a crunchy or cheesy topping. During cooking, liquids are released from the meat and vegetables.
Additional liquids such as stock, wine, beer, gin, cider, vegetable juice, or even water may be added when the dish is completed. Casseroles are typically baked slowly and uncovered in the oven, and they can be served as a main course or a side dish, and they can even be served in the same pot they were cooked in.
Best Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Here are some best breakfast casserole recipes:
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
A Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is ideal when you need to serve a crowd first thing in the morning. Eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns are piled in a casserole dish, then topped with cheese and baked to a gooey golden brown. Keep the coffee (or mimosas) flowing with a fresh fruit salad (or fruit kabobs for easy serving)! This tasty, no-fuss breakfast casserole will get your day started correctly.
American Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast dish with meat, potatoes, and cheese. Serve with mimosas and coffee for breakfast, dinner, or Sunday brunch. For a change of pace, substitute mozzarella or pepper jack cheese for the Cheddar and Colby-jack for the Swiss.
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole
a quick and easy veggie-loaded breakfast casserole that can be readily customized! I piled mine high with shredded potato hash browns, plenty of fresh vegetables, and a touch of spicy sauce! You may top it with crumbled sausage, shredded chicken, or whatever you like!
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Western Ham and Egg Casserole
Cheesy Breakfast Casserole
Make-ahead breakfast casserole with sausage, potatoes, and cheesy delight! The most important meal of the day is breakfast, and that is self-evident. Unfortunately, with a hot cup of coffee or a quick drive-thru at McDonald’s for those 2-for-1 sausage egg McMuffin specials, it’s frequently skipped. And a massive maple bar from your neighborhood doughnut shop.
Croissant Breakfast Egg Casserole
This croissant morning egg dish is both delicious and simple to make. It’s a simple breakfast that feeds a crowd without breaking the money, but it’s also an easy dinner that serves a crowd without breaking the bank! This breakfast casserole is one of my favorite dishes because it usually goes over well with my family. My grandmother’s famed Homemade Pancakes, Belgian Waffles, and these simple Morning Sandwiches are some of my other no-fail breakfast recipes.
Health Benefits of Casserole
Here are some health benefits of casserole:
- The modest casserole regains popularity after saying goodbye to its crumbled-corn-chip top and canned-soup guts. And it’s not without reason.
- A casserole allows you to combine a variety of cancer-fighting items into a single plate, “Polk agrees. “It’s a way to incorporate beans, healthful grains, and vegetables into a single dish.
- Polk adds that a low-fat diet consisting of at least five servings per day of various plant-based foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, can help prevent cancer.
- Except for frying, which adds unnecessary fats, it’s crucial to eat a variety of foods prepared with various cooking methods.
- Cooking certain meals increases the release of cancer-fighting compounds, so it’s not all bad.
Points To Remember
Here are some essential points to remember:
- This delicious breakfast casserole is quick and easy to make, and it can be prepared overnight and served the next day. It is an excellent dish for parties or brunches and can be made the day before.
- Try making it a day in advance and baking the following day for a larger crowd. It’s a delicious way to serve a crowd of hungry people. You can also use different cheeses and vegetables to add a variety of textures and flavors to the casserole.
- A slow cooker breakfast casserole can be prepared overnight and kept warm until dinnertime. Alternatively, you can prepare it in advance and keep it hot until you serve it in the morning. This recipe is perfect for feeding a large crowd.
- The best breakfast casserole recipes are versatile and customizable. You can choose the kind of cheese you prefer, and a vegetarian version of this dish is made with veggies.
- If you want to avoid meat, you can also use a vegetarian version of the dish. A vegan casserole has two different kinds of cheese. Its base is the same as a traditional one, and its main ingredient is eggs. The rest of the ingredients in the muffin tin is the same as in the traditional version.
A breakfast casserole is a versatile dish that can be made ahead of time and frozen. Despite its name, it’s usually made with equal milk and eggs. The amount of milk and eggs should be proportionate to the amount of bread, and the same for the eggs. You can also add flavor to herbs and Dijon mustard in your casserole. For a more colorful option, you can also use various ingredients to add a variety of colors.