This Chicken Alfredo Penne Casserole is simple and quick to put together; you can have supper on the table in about an hour. Basically, this recipe is just Penne pasta, chicken tenders, and Alfredo sauce sprinkled with some cheese and baked; I thought it was really good.
Chicken Alfredo Penne Casserole Recipe
- 1 box penne pasta (16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders (cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 package frozen broccoli cuts (thawed)
- 2 jars Alfredo sauce (16 ounces each)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente; drain.
- While the past is cooking salt and pepper chicken. In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook chicken until no longer pink inside.
- Using a slotted spoon add the chicken to the pasta and then mix in the Alfredo sauce and then fold in the broccoli.
- Spoon the mixture into a 13 x 9 casserole dish and top with the cheese. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Pillsbury.com