I’ve prepared shrimp scampi in the past and really enjoyed the dish, so when I saw this Fish Scampi Recipe I decided to give it a try. It seems like as it gets closer to Easter I always end up trying harder to create a good assortment of seafood recipes to prepare on Friday. Easter is getting close so it won’t be long before I get a break and can concentrate Friday’s dinner in a different direction.
This Fish Scampi Recipe is simple to put together and doesn’t require much prep or cooking time. I served this recipe with baked potatoes, but you could easily serve the fish and sauce over pasta; which I think would be a really good combination. If you’re looking for a simple and good recipe for the Lent season give this Fish Scampi Recipe a try. Enjoy
- 1 pound Salmon or Trout fillets
- 1/ 4 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup shite wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pre- heat oven to 450F.
- Using a small skillet or sauce pan brown the garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the wine and the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the fish fillets in a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Evenly coat the top of the fish with the wine sauce. Bake for 10 minutes or until done.
- Serve fish with the wine sauce, or over pasta-then topped with fresh parmesan cheese.