This Venison Stroganoff Recipe caught my attention because there are a couple of ingredients in it I have never used before; this recipe calls for beef Consommé and Kitchen Bouquet. Naturally with any wild game recipe the outcome will largely be determined by how gamy tasting the meat is you are using. This recipe in its original form called serving the Venison Stroganoff over wild rice-which I do not have available so I served it over egg noodles which is a little more conventional anyway. This is a very good recipe with a little bit of tang to the flavor. it is mildly seasoned and you can have Venison Stroganoff on the table within an hour. For the meat I used venison chops but you could also use round steak depending on what you have available. If you have some venison on hand give this one a try. Enjoy
1 1/2 venison boneless chops or round steak
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup Beef Consommé
1 teaspoon prepared hot mustard
3 tablespoons sour cream
1 dash Kitchen Bouquet
1 onion (sliced)
Egg noodles or wild rice.
1. Slice venison into 1/ 8 inch strips about 2 inches long and remove any fat if necessary.
2. Season with salt and pepper and, set aside and let the venison reach room temperature.
3. Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large skillet. Blend in flour, then add the Beef Consommé and bring to a boil; then stir in mustard and sour cream. Bring back to a boil then reduce the heat to warm and stir in a dash of Kitchen Bouquet.
4. Using the rest of the butter and another skillet brown the venison and onion till venison is no longer pink inside, then add the meat and onion to the sauce. Cook on very low simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Serve over wild rice or egg noodles