The use of a wok burner is not appropriate for everyone. However, if you know how to operate one or are interested in learning, it is a device that may significantly improve the flavor, texture, and appearance of your food. A wok burner is necessary if you’ve ever wanted your food to sizzle as soon as you put it in the wok. The wok can be heated up quickly on high heat so you can soon sear or sauté your meat and vegetables.
Chefs continue to utilize work for a good reason. Because of their enormous volume and ease of cleaning, cooking for large gatherings is much more straightforward than ever. However, not all of us have a beautiful commercial stove that can provide the correct amount of heat, even with the right wok. Thankfully, some clever inventors created some wok burners for the house, making stir-fries of restaurant grade possible.
What is Exactly Wok Burner?
Although it is mainly used for work, a wok burner is a high-pressure cooking appliance that may be utilized for different cooking techniques. It is a specific kind of gas stove made for employment.
The portable wok burner is designed for outdoor use in a barbecue and grill area in your backyard or outdoor kitchen. It generates significant heat in a brief period and is powered by LPG (propane) gas. The actual device weighs a lot. It comprises a connecting arm and a medium-sized metal bowl made of Pyron or cast iron.
Brass connectors connect a propane gas tank and a rubber hose on either side of the wok burner’s arm. A shaft that links to the main valve is located underneath the wok burner’s arm and carries propane gas along the pole to the wok burner itself. A washer additionally controls the air and fuel mixture.
The high-pressure regulator on the propane tank controls the pressure, and the main valve on the burner controls how much propane is released into the wok burner. Wok burners can be ignited manually or automatically.
Best Wok Burner for Cooking
Here are some of the best wok burners for cooking:
Eastman Outdoors 90411 Portable Kahuna Burner with XL Pot and Wok
- 65,000 BTU Clean-burning, fuel-saving Revolution Burner exceeds industry standards! Burns hotter, cleaner, and more efficient than other burners
- Includes CSA-approved adjustable propane regulator and hose with burner safety shut off. Ensures the safe flow of pressure and gas
- Handles Woks up to 18” diameter and Pots up to 36 Quarts. Durable wok brackets support your wok and pots with a sturdy hold.
- Legs easily adjust from 18” for oversized pots and up to 26” ideal for woks, skillets, and smaller banks. Legs are removable for compact storage.
- Perfect for backyard cooking, camping, tailgating, and more, attach the legs, hook the hose up to a propane tank (not included), and you’re ready to go! For outdoor use only.
nuwave MOSAIC Induction Wok with 14-inch carbon steel wok
- Want a hotter temperature, or need to cook it longer? Adjust on the fly any time. The digital controls are easy to operate, and the response is immediate. Adjust the temperature from 100°F – 575°F in 5°F increments. Add or deduct cooking time without starting the cooking process over again. nuwave is the first to revolutionize the industry by introducing precision temperatures to induction cooking.
- The carbon steel wok is custom-made for the Mosaic’s induction base, ensuring the curvature of the work and the base match perfectly. This means that the total surface of the wok comes in contact with the induction surface, providing every part of the wok heats up quickly and evenly every time. It gives no hot or cold spots for an optional cooking experience. With no open flames, the Induction Wok cooks faster with virtually no wasted heat and is safer than any traditional wok.
- The Mosaic’s 14-inch carbon steel wok study is lightweight and accessible to season. The unique material and curvature of the wok can reach the perfect stir-frying temperature in less than a minute. The work also includes an easy-grip silicone handle that remains cool to the touch while cooking. With the Mosaic induction base and carbon steel wok, you can now achieve “Wok Hei” to infuse complex charred aroma and flavors into your favorite dish.
- With induction technology, you get even heat distribution and precise temperature control, a wide temperature range, carbon steel wok, tempered glass lid, stainless-steel frying rack, digital timer, and wattage control, all combined. With being the complete wok cooking package ever!
- The NuWave Mosaic Wok lets you make a homemade stir-fry or fried rice in as little as 5 minutes. Beyond stir-fry, the Mosaic is great for soups, pasta, fajitas, and desserts. It works well when the power source is less than ideal. You can cook anywhere with three wattage settings of 600, 900, and 1500 watts. Now It’s easy to prepare healthy, great-tasting meals with a button.
Kitma 13″ Gas Wok Range
- Designed with a continuous pilot for instant ignition, this unit is ready for use whenever you are in need, so this work range is perfect to best fit your business needs
- This working range is equipped with an 18-tip jet burner that boasts 95,000 BTU cooking power to offer all the power you’ll need to cook. And it measures 13″ in diameter to accommodate your different size wok
- This range boasts a reliable, high-quality stainless steel outer body and legs, which provides long-lasting durability and is easy to clean after the service
- This unit’s rolled front makes it easy to hold your work. Its gradual slope design also Prevents overflow. In addition, this work range comes with four adjustable feet, allowing you to level it on any surface
- Our products are all certified in the United States; we provide1 year labor and parts warranty. When your product has broken, we will arrange for our after-sale service team to perform on-site service within 48 hours. Make sure every item we sell is integral and has an excellent working condition
King Kooker 24WC 12″ Portable Propane Outdoor Cooker with Wok
- Sport Type: Camping & Hiking
- Country of origin: United States
- Package weight: 10 Lbs
- Product type: Outdoor Living
- Portable propane outdoor cooker with 24-inch bolt-together frame
- Recessed top ring for secure placement of 18-inch steel wok
- 54,000-BTU CSA-certified cast burner; LP hose and regulator with type-1 connector
- Flame-protective wind guard; deep-fry thermometer; recipes included
- Measures approximately 18-1/2 by 18-1/2 by 27 inches
Professional 2 Ring Paella Gas Burner
- Professional outdoor paella gas burner – 2 rings – model T460. Sturdy, with a larger gas chamber and greater power. Greater flame control at maximum and minimum levels.
- Burner diameter, 46 cm (18 inches). Recommended diameter of paella pan: One ring lit, 14 to 18 inches (36 to 46 cm). 2 Rings lit, 26 to 32 inches (65 to 80 cm). olla6 Capacity, 50 -150 liters.
- I served with long adjustable legs.
What to Look While Buying a Wok Burner?
Here are some factors to consider while buying a wok burner:
- Height: Customers’ complaints about the wok burner’s size were the most frequent. Find the burner height that works best for you by taking your time. The majority of us will prefer it to be about grill height. To make changes, storage, and transportation as simple as possible, look for extendable/removable legs.
- Propane, Natural Gas, or Electric: In terms of heating power and cost, propane frequently outperforms natural gas (prices can change over time). While electric is preferable for interior uses, propane is also better for outdoor applications (for obvious reasons).
- Diameter of Wok/Burner: Verify that the burner in question is compatible with the work you have in mind. “The work doesn’t fit well,” was another frequent complaint.
- BTUs: British Thermal Unit is the abbreviation. It serves as a gauge for energy production and estimates the amount of heat the appliance can produce. Yes, your burner will become hotter the higher the BTUs. In actuality, most work applications won’t need anything more than 65,000 BTU. Choose a greater BTU level if you want more alternatives (between 100,000-200,000BTU).
What is a Wok Burner Used for?
A wok is heated up quickly before and during cooking on a wok burner. Wok burners are necessary for obtaining the best flavor out of your stir-fry dish because this is especially crucial with stir-fry recipes. A wok burner will also help with any preparation typically done in a wok. Together, a wok and a wok burner transmit heat to produce wok hei (when needed).
Wok burners are made to transfer heat to a wok quickly, ensuring that the food stir-fries simultaneously and evenly. To guarantee that all of the food inside the wok is heated simultaneously and to the same degree of intensity, it is also intended to hug the wok’s bowl and quickly transmit intense heat throughout it.
Is it Worth having a Wok Burner
If you’re curious, a wok burner is not required. Unanimously, the response is yes!
- The first and most crucial justification is that this investment will always pay off if you appreciate using a wok in your cooking. You want your food to cook effortlessly, promptly, and throughout.
- A wok burner is required while preparing stir-fry foods since it generates significant heat.
- You will discover that the heat is insufficient when using ordinary gas burners for cooking, making it challenging to stir-fry for more than one person at once. When utilizing standard gas burners, all the heat is concentrated at the bottom of the wok and stays there.
- Because you can prepare stir-fry dishes at a la restaurant at home, wok burners are worth every penny.
- Wok burners may be used for regular cooking, so in addition to preparing stir-fries like an expert, you can also prepare stews, soups, deep-fried foods, burgers, etc. I go into more detail about this in my previous post.
- Additionally, these burners are perfect if you need to prepare many meals for the family. A 16-inch wok on a wok burner may easily accommodate cooking for a family of five without the risk of the food becoming soggy or mushy.
- Furthermore, most other pots can be utilized on a wok burner. As a result, it’s perfect for picnics, or you may use it in your outdoor kitchen.
A wok burner is perfect for cooking food that releases a lot of moisture is another excellent reason to buy one. In the wok, food fries instead of cooking in its juices.
If you prefer cooking for a large family, cooking in general, being outside and traveling, or just enjoying a delicious stir-fry, the wok burner is a terrific investment. This investment will help you save time and money, has a high resale value, and keeps churning out nutritious food.
Wok burners use fuel and produce a tremendous quantity of heat quickly. This may make them hazardous, but as long as you follow the directions precisely, there should be no issues.
Ensure all your fittings are secure before utilizing a wok burner. Ensure your burner is in a stable area and no animals or children are around. Lastly, be careful never to use the wok burner inside the house!