This beef and broccoli stir fry recipe is a classic beef dish sauteed with fresh broccoli florets and a tasty sauce. I love stir fries because they are a quick and tasty way to make a meal. In less than 30 minutes, you can have a healthy, easy dinner on the table. Honey-garlic chicken stir fry, teriyaki shrimp, and this beef broccoli dish are some of my favorites. Since this chicken and broccoli stir fry has been one of my most popular recipes for years, it was only a matter of time before I added a beef and broccoli stir fry. This recipe tastes like something you’d get at a Chinese restaurant, but it’s easy to make at home.
This Thai Beef and broccoli stir-fry are even better than the Chinese version because it has a deeper flavor and more spice. Thin slices of beef are stir-fried quickly and easily with broccoli, red bell pepper, and a tasty stir-fry sauce. B The broccoli works well in this dish because it s aks up all of the sauce and adds a nice crunch. Serve with pl in steamed jasmine rice for an easy Asian dish your family will love.
Broccoli and Beef Stir Fry Recipe
Fi st, put broccoli, ginger, and garlic in a pan and cook them until they are soft. Take out the vegetables and add the steak. You may need to do this step in groups if you have a lot of steaks. Put the vegetables back in the pan and make t e sauce next. The sauce comprises beef broth, oyster sauce, sesame Oil, and soy sauce. Pour the sauce and some cornstarch into the pan, then let it simmer until the sauce gets thick. Serve right away, and have fun!
1 1/4 lbs flank steak thinly sliced
One tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegan able oil divided use
2 cups broccoli florets
Two teaspoons of minced fresh ginger
One teaspoon of minced garlic
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup beef broth or water
One teaspoon sugar
Two teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
One teaspoon of soy sauce
One teaspoon cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat one teaspoon n of oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli lid and cook for about 4 minutes until the broccoli is soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pa and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Take the broccoli out of the pan and put it on a plate with a lid.
- Use a paper towel to clean the pan, then turn the heat high. Pour in the last tablespoon of oil.
- Salt and pepper the steak pieces and lay them in a single l yer in the pan. C ok for 3–4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked. You may need to do this step in batches.
- Add the broc oil mixture to the pan and cook for two more minutes, or until the broccoli is warm.
Tips for the Perfect Beef and Broccoli
- This recipe calls for thin slices of flank steak. Freezing the m at makes it firmer, so you can slice it thinner. Steak can be hard to cut, so I usually put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes before I try to cut it.
- If you can’t find flank steak, you can use sirloin, skirt steak, or New York strip instead.
- Oyster sauce is a Chi nese brown sauce found in most grocery stores in the s action for ethnic foods. It is not the same as fish sauce, a common ingredient in Thai and Vietnamese cooking. You can use hoisin sauce st ad of oyster sauce if you can’t find it or don’t want to use it. Even though hoisin sause isn’t the same, it still makes a great dish.
- This dish is great for meal prepping and wi l stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- You can put your stir fry over rice, quinoa, or noodles. You can also use cauliflower rice to cut back on carbs.
Beef Broccoli Variations
This recipe is good the way I wr te it, but you can change the ingredients to make it taste better.
- Protein: Instead of flank steak, try ground beef, sliced chicken breast, shrimp, pork tenderloin, or cubed tofu.
- Vegetables: Feel free to add other veggies such as sliced carrots, bok choy, mushrooms, snow peas, bell peppers, or baby corn.
- Add-Ins: You can add serial ha or chili oil for a bit of heat or cashews, sesame seeds, or almonds for texture.
What is Beef and b broccoli sauce made of?
Beef and broccoli is a classic Chinese-American dish, and it’s one that I can’t get enough of. In this version, the sau e is made from garlic, broth, soy sauce, lime juice, and Sriracha, all of which I always have in my kitchen. Beef that has been marinated. Broccoli flower pieces. Mixed sauce. In a bowl, put ginge and garlic. Strain the b broccoli and set it aside for a few minutes to cool down. Add cook d broccoli, garlic, coconut milk, w ite wine vinegar, nutritional yeast, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a blender or food processor. Mix until there are no lumps left. Serve over any pasta you like!
Is Chinese Beef and broccoli healthy?
B ef and broccoli is a simple dish o stir-f ied Beef and broccoli in a light sauce. It’s healthy because it has few carbs and a lot of protein. But it is often made with Beef that is high in fat. T here are 336 calories, 23 grams of fat, and 23 grams of pot in one cup (217 g ams). Chinese broccoli is full o nutrients, like many other leafy greens. It has a lot o beta carotene in it. Beta c tene can help stop age-related macular degeneration (ARMD), leading o vision loss and blindness. Chinese broccoli is also a good way to get vitamin E.
This beef and broccoli recipe is lower in calories than most because it uses a lean cut of meat, less sugar, and broccoli instead of rice. Even so, restaurant beef with broccoli is well-balanced with protein and fiber and isn’t deep-fried or covered in a sweet glaze. This is just a way to make it even healthier and get your Beef and broccoli fixed at home. When made with a lot o o oil, s gar, and salt, Chinese-American Beef and broccoli are not healthy. But this bee a d broccoli stir fry is healthy.
Should you marinate Beef for stir fry?
The second step of the valve is to marinate the Beef for your stir-fry. This is an important step that should never be skipped. People have been soaking their meats in liquid with seasonings for hundreds of years. As you may be used to, the marinade doesn’t involve soaking g the Beef in a lot of liquid or adding a lot of diff rent nt flavors. The goal is to make the Beef even juicier. Before cooking, marinating is a good way to impro e the flavor, add mo e moisture, and soften the meat. A good made can also help make leaner cuts of meat less dry and you her cuts of meat tastier. The best Chines stir-frie start with a marinade that lets the meat, chic en, or seafood soak up flavor before in cooked with the vegetables. Most stir-fry ingredient lists can be broken down into marinade, sauce, meat, and vegetables.
How long do you bla ch broccoli for stir fry?
Start by putting a large pot of water on the stove and boiling it. Once the water is boiling, set in the chopped broccoli florets. Broccoli doesn’t take long to blanch—about 30 to 0 seconds—so watch for the color to change from dull green to bright green. Bring a lot of salted water to a boil in a large pot on high heat. Cut broccoli into small florets. Add broccoli to boiling water and cook for 1–2 minutes, until broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain it in a colander to top broccoli from cooking, and rinse it with cold water. For stir-frying, blanching or choli is unnecessary, especially if the florets are small. Large florets may take l longer to cook in the wok, resulting in overcooking the chicken (or other vegetables).
N t ition
When making a stir-fry, most people choose flank steaks. But you can also use sirloin steak, skirt steak, Denver steak, or even beef chuck. The least expensive choices end with chuck steak, but it needs to be cut more. Before you fry the steaks, you’ll e d to cut away the tough parts. Stir-frying is not only quick and easy but is also good for you. It makes tender-crisp vegetables more nutrients than if they were boiled. Since stir-f ying only needs a little o l, the fat content is low. Fiber and water add weight without adding color. Stir-fry dishes with a lot of vegetables are low in calories and can help you lose weight while giving you a full feeling. While preparing a stir fry can be unhealthy since it releases tiny fat particles into the air that could be harmful l l if inhaled, scientists caution that eating a stir fry may still be a healthy decision.